Álvaro Cedeño Molinari is a lawyer specialized in conflict transformation and public policy. He has 25 years of experience in international negotiations and has worked for twelve years in bilateral, commercial, and multilateral diplomacy. He served as Costa Rica’s ambassador to Japan (2011-2014) and developed a green business agenda valued at $800 million. When he was ambassador to the World Trade Organization (2015-2018), he was responsible for leading the creation of a coalition of countries that promoted the e-commerce agenda, which today has become a plurilateral negotiation between 80 member countries seeking to create new global rules for the governance of the digital economy. In recent years he has been involved in corporate diplomacy consulting and developing leadership skills for the convergence between climate action and digital transformation.
ÁLVARO CEDEÑO MOLINARI
- 2019 – MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION: FROM AI TO IoT TO CLOUD, BLOCKCHAIN AND CYBERSECURITY.
- 2019 – GENEVA CENTER FOR SECURITY POLICY, FELLOW IN RESIDENCE. Geneva, Switzerland. -Research on the leadership skills for the convergence of climate action and the fourth industrial revolution.
- 2010 – MASTER IN PUBLIC POLICY AND MANAGEMENT, MAJOR IN SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION STRATEGY, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY. Adelaide, Australia.
- 2004 – MASTER IN PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION, UNIVERSIDAD DE TROMSØ. Tromsø, Norway.
- 2001 – LICENTIATE DEGREE IN LAW, UNIVERSITY OF COSTA RICA. San José, Costa Rica.
- 2022–current TACTIC ESTUDIO LEGAL, PARTNER. San José, Costa Rica.
- 2019–current IoT REPUBLIK – CEO, FOUNDING PARTNER. San José, Costa Rica.
- 2015–2018 MISSION OF COSTA RICA TO THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION, AMBASSADOR. Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2011–2014 EMBASSY OF COSTA RICA, AMBASSADOR. Tokyo, Japan.
- 2007–2009 COSTA RICAN TRADE PROMOTION AGENCY, DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND COMMERCIAL COUNSELOR. Beijing, China.